Saturday, July 18, 2009

That Didn't Take Long...

I didn't go to bed after work yesterday. Instead, I decided to look at both apartments and make a final decision based on today's experience. With only 10 days left until the big move, I have to make a decision where I'm moving to now.



I went to the apartment complex that's not in my city first. I was a little turned off because according to their machine and sign, they are supposed to be open at 0800 until 1700 Monday through Friday. So by 0845 on Friday morning, when I arrive at the apartment complex, I was extremely turned off to notice the leasing office was closed. I know I don't know the situation surrounding why it wasn't open, but it was a complete turn off that it was closed none the less.



So, all I was able to do was drive around the apartment complex. It's smaller, which is good. It means there shouldn't be too many issues surrounding the area so I wouldn't have a lot of work. But... The apartment complex is incredibly old. It's not as bad as some apartment complexes, like I've seen in ghetto KCMO, but still. Yeah, it's free... But that, combined with no washer and dryer hookups? And the fact the office wasn't open when it was supposed to be, indicating a lack of reliability? Hmm...



I went straight from there to the other complex within my city. I walked into the main office, which looked clean and decorated for summer. I immediately felt welcomed and I had a good feeling about the place. I adored the atomosphere and it truly wasn't what I expected at all. Maybe I was a bit tainted by going out there on calls often...

Anyway, I met with the leasing agent, Dorrie. She's a sweetheart. She showed me the apartment she would put me in if I decide to move in. The apartment is a spacious two bedroom. It's not one of the newer renovated models, and I'm glad. The difference between the newer model and the older model is the newer model has a couple updated appliances (fridge and stove) and it's been repainted (the newer model is also smaller). By taking the older model, they will allow me to paint the walls whatever I want. Did I mention they have a mini laundry room?

The discount for this complex is half off with electric as the only utility to pay. They also provide a free full size washer/dryer unit upon moving in. So, for a two bedroom apartment, I would be paying $390 a month plus whatever the electric bill is. I would imagine I'd pay $500 a month plus internet and cable (Dorrie said she'd get me a good discount because she has friends with Time Warner) and food. Not bad. Not bad at all.

So I made my decision. I decided to go ahead and move into the apartment complex within my city. It's convenient. Much nicer. And I hit it off with the leasing agent and management there. They're all sweethearts and I feel this would be a good thing. My apartment is right next to the leasing office (which is next to the pool) and I like it. I really like it.

I e-mailed Paul (he currently doesn't have a phone) and let him know I'm moving into the two bedroom. It's up to him if and when he wants to move in. I'm hoping he does, because I would charge him half of everything. Which would bring down my bills so much and I'd be able to pay off my debt, which is stressing me the hell out. We'll see.

I'm excited to move! A new beginning!

0 comments: