Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finally Moved

This past week was brutal. My roommate and I were fighting like cats and dogs... Then, because she was angry with me (though she'll deny being angry), she wanted to charge me an extra $300 (first she said $500, then she lowered it). She used every excuse she could think of as to why I owed her that much, which I really didn't. I had agreed to pay to have the carpets cleaned, a mere $50, and to pay any overage in utilities (mainly that's for electric because of the summer months, which is about $50). I had already paid a full month's rent for July ($600, which includes rent, utilities and food). But it wasn't good enough.

My honest opinion about the whole situation is my roommate is short for money because of the wedding. I think she used me to get extra money. Maybe I'm just that untrustworthy and cynic of people, but that's how it felt.

I ended up paying it. Correction, my father ended up paying it. I hired an attorney and was going to fight her on it, but my father thought to handle it otherwise (behind my back). I actually hired an attorney because as I was staying with a friend, she decided to lock me out of the house and not give me my property. Which, in Kansas, is illegal. She had "hired" an attorney (a guy I dated, not even worthy of the title exboyfriend, go figure) and he advised her it was legal to keep my stuff. Well, it's not, and he would happily find any reason to piss me off.

Anyway, to make an already long story shorter, I got my stuff. We're supposedly on good terms, though I don't know if that was just for show since my family was around. We'll see. I cleaned my room and turned in the key today. So, if she speaks to me after this, that will be on her own accord. I was cordial these last couple days. Surpisingly.

My new apartment is great. I now live in the city I work for, which is a little weird. It's weird driving the streets that I drive in a patrol car, in my regular car. It's weird knowing that if something were to happen where police would be involved, it'd be my coworkers showing up. I don't know, it's just weird. An adjustment period I'm sure.

I love the apartment. I've already unpacked a majority of my things (and spend hundreds of dollars at Wal-Mart replacing lost items from my last move). I decided to do a green and blue color theme for my living room. Whenever I get the money, I plan on painting my living room walls green and have blue accents. The idea for my living room is something calm/relaxing. Actually, that's kind of the idea for my whole apartment. I spend so much of my time working and being stressed out that I want my home to be my haven.

My bedroom is going to be a blue and brown theme. I just purchased black out curtains. They cost me $60 so they better work! Luckily the black out curtains came in different colors, and I was able to find brown. I'm going to paint the walls blue and buy a new bed spread, which I found the perfect one at Wal-Mart for only $60.

My kitchen is going to be yellow and red. I already have red accents in the kitchen (a rug, dish organizer..).

The extra bedroom is currently holding my many boxes of books. I need to save up money to buy a new bookshelf so I can unpack it all. I have so many books now that it broke my last bookshelf. So, maybeI should buy 2...

I bought new shower curtains and rugs and matching towels for the guest bathroom. I tried to make it gender neutral in case I get a roommate... I still have yet to talk to Paul about his possible move in. If so, that bathroom would be his that I already decorated. My bathroom has the same theme as it did before. The girly theme with red accents. It's cute. :)

Anyway, so that's the update on my move. I'm happy to be in my own place and hopefully I'll begin to unwind. I've noticed I've been snippy and extremely tense these past couple weeks. My friend's have noticed too. But now that this is over with (and I have a massage appointment tomorrow...) I should be able to loosen up. I hope.

0 comments: