Friday, September 4, 2009

Taking Care of Myself

Well today I got a phone call from my major. Now that I've had 3 counselor visits, the department is going to stop paying for my counseling... I've already explained to my counselor that I can't afford it on my own and my insurance isn't going to help (he's out of network). He passed the message along to go ahead and come visit him on our scheduled visit next week and we'll work something out. He's already told me that if I need to come back to visit him after I find out what the DA's office decides (which could be as soon as next week or in 6 months), that I can come back and visit him for free.

He also recommended a financial counselor that I can go see. He said that it'd also be for free because he's good friends with this counselor and can work it out.

I don't want to take advantage of anybody's good deeds. So, I'm really going to work on myself and make their good deeds worth it. Whatever books or actions he recommends, I'll do it. And maybe as soon as I get my other debt paid off, I can go back... That might be awhile but...

Also, I'm working on my physical health as well as my mental health. They all coincide, right? Lately, I've been cooking all my food (and I don't cook bad food). I try not to eat bad food (every once in awhile I slip, but that's better than every day). I've also been working out. It feels good to take care of myself. I want to feel good in all aspects of my life.

Last night I baked a red velvet cake. I had a peice of that (probably shouldn't have..). Then texted my coworker and told him to come over to pick up the cake and take it back to the station. I can almost guarantee that when I go into work tonight that the cake will be gone. I like to bake, but obviously cake is very counter productive in the whole "eating healthy" thing. So, I still baked and gave it away. It felt good.

Right now I'm cooking fresh asparagus. I'm also going to try and get away from canned food as much as possible. I still have a ton of canned green beans, so I'll eat all that, then start buying fresh ones. I've been taking my One-A-Day vitamin daily. It's weird... I have the One-A-Day multivitamin for women (active metabolism). But every time I take it, within an hour or so, I'm feeling kind of sick... Maybe this is too much info- but within the hour or so, I'll have to go to the bathroom really bad (number 2, not 1). And then it's like I lose my appetite for awhile . I'm wondering if this is because when I take the vitamin, I'm not eating with it (I usually take it right when I wake up). I don't know... It's kinda weird.

Anyway, the working out part kinda sucks. I guess I'm just lazy, but, I want to be healthier, and I want to be able to run faster and longer. That's my goal. Can't exactly reach that goal if you don't work out. So, I work out at the apartment complex's gym. I might've written about that in here before, but the gym really doesn't have much. Just a treadmil, stairmaster, bike and a few free weights. I used the treadmil and stairmaster and free weights yesterday. After I work DUI Enforcement tonight, I'll probably work out in there a bit. Same thing- treadmil, stairmaster and free weights. I don't really like the bike..

I could use the department's gym.. And maybe I will once I feel more comfortable. I just don't want to use the gym when all the super buff, crazy work out guys use the gym. I don't want to be watched. I just want to work on me and not worry about what others think of me while I do it. So, there ya go. I'm workin on me and it feels good. :)

0 comments: