Friday, August 28, 2009

Future

After re-reading my last entry, I felt as though it sounded whiney. We deal with the cards we are dealt with. That has been my mentality for as long as I can remember. I know my life hasn't been great. It could be worse. And the only thing I can do now is better it. I know this.

Even if it's hard. I'll do it. I don't have any other choice now do I?

I plan to go back to school in the spring. I'll transfer out of the community college I had been going to, and attend a local university. I feel like I'm not really working towards much of anything going to the community college. I want a bachelor's degree. You can't get a bachelor's degree at a community college. Granted, you can get your 2 year degree and those credits will transfer. And the college I went to is a highly respected community college (rumored to be turning into a university some day). But, I think by attending a university, I'll feel more structured and more as though I'm on the direct path towards my ultimate scholarly goal.

I don't know what I want to major in. Can you believe that after all these years, I'm still undecided? I know what I enjoy. I enjoy my job. I enjoy studying the mind, how people think, different personality types, etc. So, psychology. But psychology is such a popularized and broad major and you can't do much with only a bachelor's in psychology. Which should motivate me to move forward with graduate school but it's already going to take so long to get my bachelor's degree. One step at a time. If all else fails, I can always just go to school for the rest of my life. I like school.

So, that's the plan. I'll apply for a student loan and use whatever's left over towards the debt I'm in now. I guess that doesn't make much sense... Create more debt to pay off debt. But, what else am I going to do? I won't qualify for a grant and I need money to go to school. I can't wait to be back.

Tonight's my day off but I'm going in to work DUI Enforcement. The last two nights I've arrested a DUI (while just on regular patrol), so here's hoping that I can get one during the actual enforcement of it.

0 comments: